GEM’s Mechanical Services Division is staffed with craft labor that includes iron workers, pipefitters, carpenters, equipment operators, inspectors and foremen, all led by an experienced project management staff. We are a licensed contractor with a steel erection program certified by the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), and maintain our own fabrication and welding facility in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Our team is uniquely positioned to deliver the highest quality materials and services due to our understanding of how to work in highly secure locations for both the federal and commercial industries. We have over a decade of experience supporting contracts that require cleared and uncleared craft labor. We currently support commercial plant operations in East Tennessee for industry leaders such as Arconic (formerly ALCOA) and BAE through tasks that include mechanical piping provision, equipment fabrication and installation, plasma cutting, stabilizations, and repairs.
The Mechanical division’s capabilities include:
- Design Engineering
- Environmental Remediation
- Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection
- Welding, Insulation, Refractory, Coatings
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC)
- Cooling Tower Installation
- Fire Sprinkler System Installation
- Refrigeration System Installation
- Sewer Hookup and Connection
- Boiler & Heating Installation
- Full Piping Capabilities (fittings, bulk, specialty, operations)